Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hair Don't


Recently there was a blind item and subsequent reveal in crazydaysandnights about Shakira. It was alleged that upon entering an elevator Shakira became so enamored of her reflection in the mirrored ceiling above that she made her peeps push everyone into the corner while she preened.

Well, I checked with a source who spends quite a bit of time with the Shakira camp and he backed the story up. It seems our little Shakira is incredibly vain and is more concerned with her hair than with helping the poor children of Latin America. Sure, she cares about the kids, but if her hair isn't just right... look out. When I offered that her vanity might spring from a deep insecurity, my source told me she was anything but deep or insecure. In fact, it seems she is secure to point of narcissism.

Sadly, I can relate to the hair obsession. If I'm having a bad hair day I tend to become a tad unreasonable (some say hysterical) myself. Years ago, when I was a bridesmaid at a friend's wedding I became so crazed that my hair wasn't behaving that I shamelessly announced to the bride that I couldn't possibly walk down the aisle until I got my hair right. Yes, it was HER day, but it was MY hair. In the end, I came to my senses and walked down the aisle, but I know how Shakira feels.

Image: NY Times



No comments: